Jungle Nook: Young preschoolers practicing skills
Our toddlers are now beginning to master potty training and learning other independent skills. Each child learns potty training at a different pace. Bathrooms with child size toilets are located in the Jungle Nook classroom to make potty training convenient for your child. A curriculum is planned around one theme, three letters, one shape and one number every month. Children continue to foster language through conversations with each other and with teachers. Teachers spend time helping the children settle down for nap by rubbing backs and playing quiet music. trx_br]
Language and Literacy
We introduce high-quality children’s literature to promote a love of reading. Our daily activities develop reading and writing skills and introduce important literacy concepts.
Social and Cognitive Skill Building
Group time allows your child to talk, listen, share, take turns, cooperate and interact with friends. Our teachers reinforce the importance of being a team player and refines skills needed to flourish in a safe classroom environment.
Dramatic play, music and art activities give every child the opportunity to showcase their abundant creativity. We encourage all children to express their ideas in order to help build confidence, independence and imagination.
Creativity and Imagination
Our children learn new motor skills while running, jumping, throwing and practice coordination skills, such as writing, drawing, and other fun activities. Teachers spend time helping the children settle down for nap by rubbing backs and playing quiet music.
- Encouragement and support that builds your child’s self-confidence and self-help skills
- Opportunities for your child to express him or herself creatively through music, arts, dance and drama
- Playtime and experiences that help boost cognitive and motor skills
- A classroom environment that focuses on building your child’s cognitive, emotional, social, and physical skills
- Regular teacher-family communication, including daily updates to keep you informed
- Engaging small and large-group experiences